Genre: Gore
Rating: 7/10
Watched this movie with Ms. Chan on Friday. Partly to release stress, partly to celebrate that we don't have to feed our mice anymore. Yipee.
Ulliel portrays the young Hannibal well. Mannerisms all intact. That is what's funny about this movie. Before he kills anyone, his dialogue will make you laugh, I swear. I kept thinking that Ulliel looks so familiar, maybe he'd acted in Harry Potter 4?! Nahh he didn't. Maybe he's familiar because he's every girls' fantasy?! Clean look, smile that wins everybody. His dimple, is so deep and inside of his cheeks. Interesting huh?
Ok back to the movie. I find it a little illogical that Hannibal's traumatized past life made him a cannibal. Doesn't make sense to me. Anyway, the co-cast complements well. Not to say super good. Gong Li, as usual, can act without needing to talk. Gosh I love her face also. This movie is only 2 hours, but at some parts, it feels longer. Kind of draggy I guess.
So, if you've been following this trilogy, go for the fourth installment. Just watching it for the pure sake of Hannibal's mannerisms when he's killing is worth every Ringgit.




2 comments:
Found your blog also... this show is not out yet in Perth. Yeah, some shows earlier, some later. Not sure if it's my kind of show to watch though. I may fall asleep... hahhah.
I like cartoons! Especially now with the 3D animation!
Post a Comment