Thursday, July 19, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows [May Contain SPOILERs]

Author: JK Rowling
Genre: Fantasy
Rating: 7/10

(Source: The Black Box)

No deaths revelation, I promise.

The final installment of the long-run Harry Potter series! This book wraps up everything, nicely written BUT I couldn't understand some parts to tell the truth. Even the dedication of this book entwines with the storyline [the dedication is split 7 ways (7 horcruxes, 7 is the magical number in wizarding community)], really cool bit of Rowling writing. I shed tears in many, many parts. So overwhelmed with feelings!

Storyline wise, a bit messy because Rowling seem to be trying to fit too much information at once. And it's really different from the first 6 books because the settings do not revolve much around Hogwarts anymore. This means you'll see less of the professors! *Darn* And once again, Harry James Potter never failed to piss me off (I've hated him since Book 5).

There are a lot of scenes in Deathly Hallows that sort of flashback on the previous books which will make you go "Hey I remember that this was in book 1/2/3/4/5/6!". This book answers almost all questions we had in previous books, ending well written and we see a huge cooperation between magical creatures with wizards (really love that part). However, the epilogue was uninteresting. I thought Rowling promised an epilogue on what became of the survivors after the war??

Anyway, this is worth the read. Of course it is!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i had to stop myself from reading this post, so as not to read any spoilers hehe. i can't believe the book actually got leaked onto the internet! anyway, i know what you mean when you commented my blog post. sometimes i so hate harry's character, but i think JK rowling's talent to have that kind of influence on the readers is so powerful, and i just love the books. sometimes i love harry too. ;D

Anonymous said...

(btw thanks for linking me on your site. sorry to clog up your comment box!)

Varche said...

For the record, Rowling started off as a single mum on dough (government financial sponsorship). Bloody rich now isn't she?

Anyway, I want to borrow your books as I've not read any of them. Starting from the first 1 :) Yes yes?