Genre: Fantasy
Rating: 3/10
a) It is designed for, and ONLY FOR Harry Potter book fans to watch. The plot was messy, no flow, forceful and I believe if you haven't read the book, you'll have difficulty grasping it.
b) Not nice.
On to the review. WARNING: Contain movie spoilers.
I watch HP movies to criticise them later. The whole movie was really flat - Sirius died so suddenly that I didn't have time to feel sad. The only times I felt sad were when Sirius and Harry met for the first time in this movie, and when Neville Longbottom managed to disarm [Expelliarmus!] one of the Patil twins. Flaws, there were too many, strikingly:
a) Mr. Weasley. A non-HP reader will not know who he is [Hence the conclusion that OotP the movie is only meant for HP readers to understand].
b) Remus Lupin. Only two lines in the movie??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
c) Nymphadora Tonks. No one explained that she's a Metamorphmagus.
d) Sorry to say, Rupert Grint's still not good at acting. He's also lacking of lines in this movie.
e) Ginny, Neville and Luna decided to stroll to Umbrige's room out of the blue?! How did they get caught? And why?! Utter nonsense!
f) Prophecy was heard by just holding the orb?!?!? And the other 5 listened too??? And Lucius MIGHT HAVE been listening??!?! You're going to have problems there for HBP movie, Yates!
g) Sirius should be dueling Bellatrix, not Lucius. Makes it look like 'Bellatrix killing Sirius' scene a passing thought or something.
h) The final duel in the Veil. Everyone dueled without incantations. For the adult wizards, fine. But for Harry!??!! Please, he even had difficulty with non-verbal spells in HBP book!!
i) WHERE IS HARRY POTTER's SCAR? The scar only chose to appear when Lucius made a remark on it [camera zooms to Harry's face and ta daaa....SCAR!].
There are great scenes too:
a) Any DA scenes.
b) The setting in Department of Mysteries! So that's how it looks like!! Nice!
c) All Luna Lovegood scenes.
That's about the criticisms I could think of. I am never meant to watch HP movies. Forgive my biasedness. FIVE MORE DAYS to DEATHLY HALLOWS!

No comments:
Post a Comment