Sunday, August 05, 2007

The Simpsons Movie

Genre: Animation comedy
Rating: 7/10

(Source: Stuff.co.nz)

Comedy all the way, from the very start. That's The Simpsons to you! Watch out for:

a) The 20th Century Fox introduction
b) Bart's line writing
c) A short blooper at the bottom of the screen in the first few minutes or so
d) Tom Hanks

The storyline: Saving Springfield from the US government led by President Schwarzenegger. Hilarious! Because it is a cartoon, they have all the rights to be illogical. However, most of the humour they injected were politically correct.

There were also references and spoofs to other movies like Titanic, Snow White and Happy Feet (the only ones I recognised), along with the full list I found from IMDB.

I am not a religious follower of the series, therefore my expectations were low as to how the movie turned out. I think it's great, it's funny and it's a great way to spend 1.5 hours! Money back guaranteed.

No comments: