Friday, September 28, 2007

My Sister's Keeper

Author: Jodi Picoult
Genre: Dramatic Lit
Rating: 5/10

"Do you happen to know where she is?"
"Am I my sister's keeper?"

The storyline is intriguing. Anna is a designer baby created to be Kate's saviour. Kate was diagnosed with a rare type of leukaemia eversince she was 2 years old. If is difficult for her to survive without matching type donors [donors of all sorts, e.g. bone marrow, vital organs, blood cells, etc.], therefore their parents decided to take charge of their daughter's life by creating a new life that will save her. Then, at 12 years old, Anna decided to sue her parents for the rights of her own body. The family had to deal with Kate's health, Jesse the oldest brother's problems and now Anna's lawsuit.

Dramatic!

Every chapter is written in each of the character's first point of view, except for _____ [I can't say otherwise it'll give away too much] whose narration appeared last [for the first time] in the book. Some parts are draggy. I actually dragged this book for 2 months, because I was not religiously reading it everyday [which kind of tells you that it's boring at some points]. However there are some parts that are so exciting that made me forget about my experiment for 2 minutes.

I am pleased with the ending.

No comments: