Monday, October 15, 2007

I Scolded Streamyx Again

Sunday morning is destined to be the day I scold Streamyx Customer Service Staffs. I didn't exactly scold la, wasn't as impatient as my previous encounter with them Streamyx People.

I used to tell them that I'm using a direct connection [eventough I'm not] and that when my modem's 'internet light' is off, and that it is Error 678 [it's definately that and I don't even need to try], and the staff will make a report for me.

But now, it isn't ENOUGH. IT'S NOT. To save everyone of you impatient I'm-so-sure-of-my-computer-knowledge comrades, here's a list of what they'll tell you to do when you mention Error 678 from now on.

1. Check your Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties. The 'Connect to DNS Server Automatically' option have to be checked. The 'Preferred IP Address' has to be '202.188.0.133' and '202.188.1.5'.
2. They still won't believe you.
3. Open the 'Command' promt. To do that, click on 'Run' in 'Start'. Then type cmd. Then they'll give you a list of long troubleshooting commands to type in. Trust me, you'll have response from the server.
4. Finally they'll believe you, because you're right all along, of course.

I almost wanted to tell her 'I've never changed the computer settings before, and my computer knowledge is better than you because I have a degree in Bachelor of Information Systems', which is half true, of course.

But I told her instead 'Everytime it rains, this happens, and every single time, a technician comes to fix the problem in my area. Can't you just make a report for us the next time it is an Error 678???'

She finally said that she'll put a remark for the technician the next time we file for Error 678. I can't believe she said such a nice thing to me. Thank you.

No comments: