Sunday, December 23, 2007

Coffee, Eucerin and Acne

I am using Eucerin products for the second week now, using the Sebum Reducing Cleansing Gel and Clarifying Facial Toner. I noticed some difference ler, like my skin managed to get dryer a little, pimple dry faster, but my skin is still breaking out!!!!! I still have lots of pimple and blackheads and whiteheads. Eucerin products are supposed to work in a month or more.

Then yesterday my brother said that he started breaking out because he now drinks a cup of coffee a day since he started his internship (the fella's a nocturnal, so mornings are a lose-lose situation). Oh my god. Then it hit me. I started a-cup-a-day since my final year days. And my acne started getting bad since then. Or, could be that:

a) I stopped going for my facial treatments.
b) Stress (stress really causes acne because cortisol production acts on our skin, for more information click on this link).

And a few websites claim that coffee induces production of cortisol (drinking coffee is like drinking stress in voluntarily). So now, I'm going to go cold turkey on coffee and see what happens for a month without coffee. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....!!!!!! If it does have better effects on my skin, then I may well drink less and be a social coffee-drinker instead.

Note that coffee don't give the same effect to everyone lor. If you drink 8 cups a day without acne, lucky you!!

Goodbye darling, see you next year.
(Source: Coffee Bean)

No comments: