Sunday, March 30, 2008

Nagomi Shabu Shabu in Jaya 33

I finally have time to blog something. Today I went for Shabu Shabu – Japanese steamboat (the first time)! Mr. Shu and I was in Jaya 33 today, thinking hard what to eat and then we saw this place on the ground floor, next to Coffee Bean. It's called Nagomi Shabu Shabu. We were browsing the menu outside la, then the waitress introduced the place to us (about the food, about the price, etc). The price is ok, RM 33 for raw beef and less than RM 30 for raw chicken. There's one very expensive beef dish that Mr. Shu pointed out, it's called Kobe Beef and its RM 139 per plate!!!!

The ambience is great. I say this because it's air-conditioned to its maximum, so it doesn't kill me when the steam emits from the hot pot of soup while cooking. Service – excellent. They take empty plates the second we're done with them (so that it doesn't block the space la), but maybe that's because there was a 1 : 1 waiter to customer ratio. Hehe. Price expensive lor. RM 76 for the both of us, including the cheapest drink on the menu, green tea (only RM 1.50 and served in very large glass and even with refill, if I've had known that earlier, I'd have DRAINED the drink quickly). The food isn't tasty to me. If I didn't eat with their chili sauce, cannot taste anything (ok Ms. Chan, SOMETIMES must eat food with sauce la, happy?).

Oh the meat dishes for cooking come with the following items (buy one raw meat dish and get):

  1. Assorted vegetables (I hate two of them, but I don't know what they're called, one is dark green leaf and bitter, spoils the soup taste, and one is like celery and when I eat smell it, I feel faint), tofu (very very nice) and mushrooms.
  2. Rice (little but just enough for a person).
  3. Soup for boiling the food.
  4. Sauce.

Everything else must add money. The sushi and sashimi here are expensive to the bone! So we didn't order. Photos.

The reception is below.

General overview.

Our table setting.

Waitress pouring in the soup into the pots.

Assorted vegetable. I hate the one on the left of the carrot. Think it's called 'suen'.

Electronic temperature controller for every seat. They control individual pots.

Rice.

Sauce. From left, soy sauce, chili sauce, and Mr. Shu claims it's peanut butter sauce on the right.

Chicken dish with meatballs in the centre.

Waitress mixing egg yolk with chicken meat and rolling meatballs.

The RM 33 beef dish.

Cooking the vegetables.

Cooked vegetables.

Cooked chicken.

No comments: