Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Red Cliff (Chi Bi) Part II

Genre: War, historical, legend
Rating: 10/10

See my Part I post on this movie. This part, I rate it full marks. Very nice lah!! My family and I watched in on Chinese New Year Eve. Our tradition is to finish reunion dinner by 6 pm (really not exaggerating). Since we always finish so early, this time went to watch this long awaited movie. No regrets man.

The plot unfolds exactly where Part I ended. We see Princess Sun infiltrating Cao Cao's camp. Next, Liu Bei called quits (oh my god!) leaving Zhuge Liang behind to help Zhou Yu. Since Liu Bei retracted from the allied party, Zhou Yu's army was lack of arrows. This was when Zhou Yu and Zhuge Liang made a pact - to get rid of Cao Cao's admiral advisors and to obtain 100 000 arrows respectively. How were these done, will let you watch to find out. Twisty plot in the end too.

Since the introduction of all the characters' were done in Part I, Part II went straight to the actual Red Cliff plot. This made the movie less draggy. Still the same, humour mixed with war emotions. Zhuge Liang was still portrayed the calm almost-deity (can predict weather even). Plus have I mentioned his handsome looks?! Sun Quan, Princess Sun and Xiao Qiao (Zhou Yu's wife) played a bigger role this part around. So the balance of the characters' on screen time was achieved (with the exception of Zhou Yu and Zhuge Liang - they are big prominent stars ma of course must have more on screen time!!).

This movie is still bergaya till the very end. Worth the watch!

[ps] I can't find Google images of this movie!!

No comments: