Tuesday, March 16, 2010

iphone

After 2 days of no internet - they took some time to fix it but seems like a major problem so, thank you Streamyx - I found that Digi is running their metered ad campaign on my blog!!!!! SO HAPPY. I have since solicited Veron to click on my blog and announced it on my Facebook status.

Read from a news link which CT posted a month ago that Digi finally has the license to distribute iphone after a year of monopoly by Maxis. Can't be happier with this competition. See, I just got my iphone late January. And then unfolds a long story which involved me calling Maxis every other week. But first, see photos!

Eversince I've place the order for an iphone 8GB, I've browsed through the website familiarising myself with the phone virtually. Sangat pathetic. After a week long's wait, I got it! Customised my 'home' page like so. Yes it's purposely colour coordinated.

Got this new toy a cover.

So the story is. I have resolved not to use the cellular data service on the iphone because there's wifi everywhere what?! I just want this phone because Isobel Stevens look so cool using it in Grey's Anatomy, taking photos of Meredith in a wedding gown. Ooh side tracked, sorry. I noticed the '3G' logo goes on sometimes and when I check the 'cellular network data' usage, it became 5 kb upon first day. The second day, it increased to 50 kb. On the third morning, it touched 50 MB. All that without me touching the internet!

So first I searched on Google to see if others have the same problem, whether 3G trumps wifi on iphone. They do, when your wifi becomes unstable and some gave suggestions like downloading an extra app, some suggested changing the VPN address to something else so that the phone cannot go online using the cellular network connection no matter what. I tried both, NO RESULTS. That is because I was using the latest iphone software AND the latest Maxis software. ...... Then I called Maxis to ask how can I go about this? They suggest I take the data plan. I told him no, because I bought the phone retail price la! I didn't need to surf 24/7. So I said I want to cancel my GPRS :( Say bye bye to MMS! And they even said "I will need to put you on blacklist because iphone is a very smart phone, it will use the internet on its own". Wah sai.....ok.

Then my data bill came up to be RM 500.00. For the 50 MB usage.

Now look here. Their data plan for 500 MB is an extra RM 50.00 per month if you're a primary line holder in a Maxis call plan. I was charged pay per use price, RM 500.00 for 50 MB usage!

Next, when I bought the phone at retail price without package, no one told me that the phone will go online automatically.

Next, Maxis / iphone doesn't prompt you when they are using the 3G connection to go online. They could've done something like "Eh you're going on 3G because wifi in this area sucks. Do you wish to continue?".

After weeks of calling and stating my case, they finally did me justice.

SO NOW. Before buying an iphone, ask them what is the meaning of their unlimited plan, if any? Will they BLOCK your phone from using 3G once you've reached the limit of your data plan? THEY SHOULD! Because otherwise we would have to pay-per-use once we've reached the limit! Why pay-per-use when you already get the data plan? Or, if you're like me, an iphone is just for show and do not want a data plan monthly commitment, ask if there's ANY WAY at all to stop iphone from automatically updating, downloading emails and etc. If the answers are not satisfactory for you, just cancel your GPRS subscription and say byebye to MMS :(.

Click on this link to pre-order iphone which comes with a Digi subscription. If you're not currently under Digi and would like to switch, you can pre-order iphone too. Once you've pre-ordered all you need to do is wait for the phone to arrive on launch date! Do read the FAQs and TnCs.

SO delighted that the Digi-iphone campaign is running in my blog. I am now blogging about my experience in hopes of dragging more people to check out this post! *wheeeeeee*

3 comments:

Ai Lin said...

so did you get it waived? iPhone is well known for doing that. =)

you're using postpaid account? prepaid should have free 500Mb every month when u buy an iPhone.

the problem with Digi's pre-order is that they do not have the price stated. What if 4th generation of iPhone launched before that? Will we be able to get it? =)

Ai Lin said...

getting it. =) pre-ordered.

Cleverkiwibird said...

lol. you should just buy a toy Iphone to look cool then, instead of getting a real one.