Genre: Fantasy, action
Rating: 2/10
It IS that bad. I don't understand 3 quarters of the show. Everybody betrays everybody. I never understood the terms of conditions of all the so-called agreements. The ending is confusing. The story is messy.
Jack Sparrow is not funny anymore. Keira Knightly overacts most of the time. The jokes aren't as funny. However, Chow Yuen Fatt did quite a good job. There is also a geographical flaw. They don't speak Cantonese in Singapore, ok! They speak Mandarin please!!!
I think the director heard my rant that Pirates 2 was lacking of Jack Sparrow, so he made a scene with too many Jacks, literally. And tadaa, there's a short clip after the credits too.
What I liked:
a) Captain Barbossa is back!
b) The music is still grand
c) The trailer
It can't be helped that you'll watch it if you have been a fan of Pirates 1. You thought there was hope, see. If there is a part 4, I'll watch it too. Even though I know it'll be bad. So, enough already!! Stop exploiting the Pirates 1 fan base!

No comments:
Post a Comment