Saturday, June 02, 2007

Conspiracy In Death

Author: Nora Roberts [J.D. Robb]
Genre: Crime
Rating: 7/10


I know I promised a review on The Prestige, but I really don't feel like picking up the book. So, straight on to Conspiracy In Death. This is one of the good ones in the 'In Death' series. Starts of with the murder of a homeless man, heart removed with precise surgical wound, making Lieutenant Dallas search for renowned surgeons as a prime suspect.

The problem is, her badge is being compromised as another cop is out to tarnish Dallas's reputation, leaving her unable to carry on with the case at hand.

I like this storyline because of its interesting anatomy and physiology link. Although the suspects were too many, the story didn't seem draggy [unlike Vengeance In Death]. A new permanent character of the In Death series, Dr. Louise Dimatto was also introduced in this book. The climax of the story just kept me going until 4am in the morning!

No comments: