Friday, July 06, 2007

Transformers

Genre: Fantasy, Hasbro
Rating: 8/10

(Source: XinHua News)

Two things first:

a) I never watched [or don't remember watching] the cartoon. To answer your questions on "Where have you been?!?!?!", I watched My Little Pony and Jem & the Holograms when I was a kid. So there.
b) The movie was so good, it made Ms. Jenny Thong cry [She said: "Teared ok, not cried"].

Because of Ms. Thong's revelation, I decided to write a review about this hu-ha-produced-by -Steven Spielberg-movie. The movie pace is ok, not much time wasting. Comedic in the beginning. Sad in the ending. I like how they introduced the Autobots. However, watching this without a Transformers background gave me problems in following who's the who when they show the Decepticons.

I was really impressed when the Autobots gathered for the first time in the movie. Wow so bergaya! And when they transformed into vehicles, and drove in a single file with Optimus Prime in lead, lagi bergaya! And when the Autobots landed on earth [US in this case], and the first car blueprints they use to transform, paling bergaya!!! And this Sergeant Lennox is so good looking. This made Transformers 120% watchable.

One thing about this movie [as pointed out by Mr. Ho] is that EVERYTHING happens in the US. Exactly like a natural disaster movie. EVERYTHING just happens to strike US.

At first, I wasn't so keen on this movie. But when I saw the trailer, and it revealed that it was produced by Steven Spielberg, I thought that I should give it a try. After watching it, I declare that this is a MUST-WATCH.

More than meets the eye!

No comments: