Monday, June 23, 2008

Rak Thai in Gardens, Mid Valley

Found an economical Thai food restaurant in Mid Valley! These days must eat meals less than RM 15 per pax, economy crisis ma. Oh as I am writing, parliament meeting 2 is in session! Anyway, back to cheap Thai food in MV. It is located at the basement bridge connecting Gardens and MV, near The Chicken Rice Shop, Tony Romas, Yo! Sushi and Big Apple Donuts.

I don't know much about Thai food la but felt that the taste in this restaurant is as original as possible i.e. less sugar in drinks and less additives in food. Fruit juice here are freshly made and with interesting combinations (more description with the photos later). Food taste ok, again, can't comment much because I'm not avid Thai food lover. However, the tom yam soup is spicy like anything, burns your whole trachea if you slurp it. So you have to down it slowly, don't say I didn't warn you! Besides ala carte food, there's also set meals for few persons, saw a family ordering the set, looks interesting.

Service is so so actually because they needed to wait for the boss to attend to the cash register to present us the bill (very slow lor like that). But since it is so economical, worth giving it a try. The place was almost full house when we left!

Cucumber-lychee juice and watermelon juice. Sugarless! *sweat*

Very sour and spicy tom yam chicken soup. Honestly my mouth started to feel sour just looking at it.

Fried mee.

Green curry chicken rice.

Big portion pineapple fried rice.

Sago, cempedak and santan dessert.

Three...

...satisfactory...

...meals.

2 comments:

Kevin Siah said...

You always get to makan makan ya. Hmm... miss eating in Malaysia. But last time I was there, food is not that cheap anymore. The service tax was a misleading killer!

Kevin Siah said...

Oh Langkawi Ironman only in February. But I'll be back for Christmas first lah.