Monday, August 18, 2008

Bubba Gump, Malaysia!

I celebrated my birthday part II here with Mr. Shu. We've heard of it through friends and they said that their specialty is shrimps - oooh something different. So we planned to have our lunch here during my birthday. To my horror, I forgot to pack my camera into my handbag OH MY GOD so I took photos with my camera phone which turned out to be cyan-ish!!! I Photoshopped all the photos yea. Nokia 6300 photo quality is 1 out of 10 marks, sorry to say. I'm still smacking my head as I'm writing this post, looking at my photos. Grr. So anyway, these days I'm into writing my posts section by section! My review on Bubba Gump.

The Setting
Honestly I've only watch Forrest Gump once. Don't think I'll ever watch again because it's a crazy 2.5 hours long movie and I frankly think biographies are boring!!! How can you narrate people's whole lives for such a long time?! Examples of other biographies I only watched once are Million Dollar Baby, Cinderella Man (both boxing shows mind you - boring!) and Radio. When you enter this restaurant, you'll find lots of Forrest paraphernalia i.e. shoes, childhood photos and quotes. The restaurant plays Forrest Gump over and over and over again without audio, because they play 70's American songs over and over again. This place is VERY VERY Americany! Show you why later. Then the waiter actually comes around the tables asking us questions about the movie to refresh you memory about it, but no prizes for all 3 correct answers ok, don't have to try too hard.

Forrest's running gear.

Other tables.

The bar and the plasma screen showing Forrest Gump. I'm sure movie fans will be able to tell what scene that is by looking at the photo, because I can't. Haha.

Table Setting and Staff Service
Service is great! But Paddington's is still excellent on my list yea. In Bubba's there's no / slight hand raising. Because they provide signboards for each table. If it's in blue, means you don't need anything. If it's red, means you need something. But I feel that having these signs people tend to overuse it alot. Because it's fun hahahhaa! I like the bucket provided in every table. They consist of kitchen roll (ample, don't have to keep asking for serviettes and that's very generous of them) and lots of sauce (didn't look at what because I don't take sauce). Few plates are on each table, and they're all American colours ok! White, blue and red.

Means you don't need anything.

Means you need something.

Ample kitchen towel! Bravo.

Nice coloured plates.

The Food
Firstly I would like to announce that I now know what cajun means. I always play Wedding Dash and the menu sometimes has got cajun bla bla bla. No idea what that meant. We ordered a chicken appetiser with cajun sauce - spicy and sour! Nice touch! But I personally find it too sour. Below the chicken got fresh cabbage, and this dish comes with cheese sauce for dipping. Nice! I love our appetiser!

Chicken fillet appetiser. Sorry I can't remember the exact name.

Next, our main meals. We both ordered shrimp dishes since it's their specialty ma. I had shrimp linguini (not the exact name also) and Mr. Shu had stuffed shrimp (not exact name on the menu either). One word - regret. I find the portion too big (exactly what Jenny said and I meant Jenny my friend, not Jenny as in Forrest Gump's wife ok) and jelak lor. Eating so much seafood at one go made me feel dizzy in the stomach. Haha. My shrimp linguini is lemony herby. Mr. Shu's shrimps are stuffed with crab meat (cannot tahan the smell, too strong).

Our garlic bread were yummy and cheesy but that also I couldn't finish. Such a waste *sigh*. I seldom throw food but this time I can't tahan already, when the waitress came and cleared Mr. Shu's plate I asked her to clear mine too. Otherwise I'd continue stuffing myself with linguini. It's yummy la the linguini. But really too much shrimps jor!!! So my advice to all. Don't order all shrimp meals if you're going to have more than one main meals. Order some chicken also lor!

Shrimp linguini. I like the taste, but too much shrimps.

Stuffed shrimp with rice. Mr. Shu finished all of it, including the garlic bread that came with it. Crazy. Look I know the photo is bad so don't try to squint ok.

I will come back again for the chicken appetiser!!! So nice! For the main meals ... no idea what to try next. Oh we only had iced water for drinks. I feel that their drinks selection is limited to cocktails, mocktails and interesting soda only. Where is my iced coffee?!?!?! Got dessert selection too, but of course after the meal who can even think about it?

No comments: