Jenny suggested for dinner in this Japanese sushi bar for my birthday dinner. Turns out to be a good suggestion! But be warned everybody! You will notice that I always order the same thing in all restaurants, i.e. tempura cold soba and ebikko in Japanese restaurants, carbonara for pasta choices, chicken chop, bacon things for western food, it never changes. So this is one thing that Jenny and I (oh and Bruce) have in common, we all order specific things we are familiar with all the time - loyalty trait ok! The review, in sections again.
Overall Setting and Staff Service
I like their silverware, something different. Table is BIG! Most Japanese restaurants have got small tables to fit exactly a specific number of trays (wow very irritating), but Zan Mai is different. Service staff are friendly, in fact they have ample staff because they're quick in refilling our machas. Bagus. Eventhough we sat in the smoking section, which was a room at the side of the corridor and only 2 opening space to the room, the staff were attentive to our requests. Thank you.
Overall Setting and Staff Service
I like their silverware, something different. Table is BIG! Most Japanese restaurants have got small tables to fit exactly a specific number of trays (wow very irritating), but Zan Mai is different. Service staff are friendly, in fact they have ample staff because they're quick in refilling our machas. Bagus. Eventhough we sat in the smoking section, which was a room at the side of the corridor and only 2 opening space to the room, the staff were attentive to our requests. Thank you.
The Food and Its Cost
I was surprised to see that their pricing is even SLIGHTLY cheaper than Sushi King and Sakae Sushi. I ordered ebikko for RM 3.80 each plate (2 sushi), 20 cents cheaper than Sushi King's. When it came, I know why cheaper lor, because it's smaller sized than Sushi King's. However, the octopus one looks like same size with Sushi King ma. So it's really cheaper lor! But I also noticed Jenny's chawanmushi only fills up half the cup! Very difficult to judge the price lor.
Verdict, will definately go again! I've always preferred sushi bars than ala carte stuff leh. Love ebikko to bits.
No comments:
Post a Comment