Even though I've placed all my collectible dolls in the cold palace (a Chinese version of saying things forgotten and not of use or deemed unworthy in reference to the 'cold palace' in Forbidden city la - ironically, the next picture is of a Chinese Empress), my eyes still lit the moment I walked into the Curve this morning. Collectible Barbies on display!!!!!!! Two dolls are just exactly my dream dolls to have in collection, but since my dolls are in cold palace to make way for miniature liquor...
Anyway, some favourites of like 40 dolls on display. I've been eyeing on this doll since the first time I saw it online in the Barbie website. Damn nice and damn detailed. I have a Chinese princess one. Both the princess and the empress are portrayed as Qing Dynasty royals. Love the costumes to bits lor. Anyway they're no more in production already. Getting to see the empress 'live' today just spelled mission accomplished for me la. Hmm I wonder whether the displays are still there at this time...the case is made out of plastic... *contemplating*
Anyway, some favourites of like 40 dolls on display. I've been eyeing on this doll since the first time I saw it online in the Barbie website. Damn nice and damn detailed. I have a Chinese princess one. Both the princess and the empress are portrayed as Qing Dynasty royals. Love the costumes to bits lor. Anyway they're no more in production already. Getting to see the empress 'live' today just spelled mission accomplished for me la. Hmm I wonder whether the displays are still there at this time...the case is made out of plastic... *contemplating*
Next doll, I first saw in CLEO magazine 1998 on a wedding issue. They put this doll's photo in the article. The wedding gown worn by this doll is designed by Vera Wang. Few years later I saw this doll in Toys 'R' Us, Subang Parade...!!!!!!! I want this doll for my wedding everyone! But I'm sure it's also no longer in production. Who ask me not to buy it when I saw it lastime. I remember going to Toys 'R' Us every lunch break (Memory Lane time) to look at the doll. Priced at RM 400 lor if I remember correctly.
The very first Barbie doll (1959 Barbie), I think they remade this and put in market again. Priced at RM 200. If someone wants to give this to me I really won't mind too. Gaaaah I need a bigger shelf!!!!!!!!
Next doll made me Wikipedia 'Scarlet O' Hara' and I found that she's the protagonist in Gone With The Wind. I want to watch!!! Or read!! I find her character very interesting.
4 comments:
until when will all this Barbies being display there? I would like to go and have a look lo ..
nice
these things scare me.
Sunday June 14th, 2009
10am - 12noon (9am preview)
A HUGE Doll Collection will be up for Auction @ Waddington's Auction house in Brighton, Ont.
Visit their webiste for over 50 photos of the collection, plus
Map and Directions.
This Auction is NOT to be missed!
Post a Comment