Me.Greetings shoe addicts. I come from China. My makers from the US decides that China is the best place to set up a rubber shoes factory. At first launch, Singaporeans and Malaysians thought they looked like Phua Chu Kang's yellow boots. Kiasu and bolehs from the respective countries (they were once one country but now the kiasus moved out and became a first world country even though their land size is as small as the smallest state in boleh-land) couldn't understand why would a pair of ugly rubber shoes cost so much! 1/10 the price of Jimmy Choo's!
But the trend spread out like wild fire in Sumatra. Everyone had one, even CHILDREN ages 3-5 have a pair.
So the factory I was made in punya workers started to feel the formidable market of PCK's boots. They took out some stock - me included - and threw us into the South China Sea to boleh-land. Cost saving they say, just float the carts - don't need freight charges. I end up in a night market.
One pretty girl walked pass the stall I was displayed. She looked in disbelief but after she breathed hard (for our distinct smell, I suppose), she stood right in front of the stall, with her big butt blocking everybody's way. She tried on my neighbours' whose body is slimmer and look trendier. Her feet must be too big, she couldn't seem to find any shoes her size and even asked the stall keepers whether they have size xx. None. She finally looked at me. Tried on. My pink strap was strapped to her ankles with great difficulty. She stood there, blocking everybody's way for a whole 5 minutes, trying others at the same time.
Finally, she asked the stall keeper how much, and I was purchased, she kept me in her oversized bag. I became her best friend from then on.
Epilogue
When I bought it, I was smiling whole night. I was smiling INWARDLY. Damn happy. Even though many people tell me it's a fake, I refuse to believe them. Nobody can burst my arrogant bubble. :) I love my new shoes so much although it bit me ABIT, its smaller size than what I should wear, and it's already sustained 2 black-mark injuries.
I heart you. When I put you on I feel so cute-girly. You make my toes feel airy. Your distinct smell makes me I-have-a-crush-giddy. My Crocs, my love, you replace nobody.
But the trend spread out like wild fire in Sumatra. Everyone had one, even CHILDREN ages 3-5 have a pair.
So the factory I was made in punya workers started to feel the formidable market of PCK's boots. They took out some stock - me included - and threw us into the South China Sea to boleh-land. Cost saving they say, just float the carts - don't need freight charges. I end up in a night market.
One pretty girl walked pass the stall I was displayed. She looked in disbelief but after she breathed hard (for our distinct smell, I suppose), she stood right in front of the stall, with her big butt blocking everybody's way. She tried on my neighbours' whose body is slimmer and look trendier. Her feet must be too big, she couldn't seem to find any shoes her size and even asked the stall keepers whether they have size xx. None. She finally looked at me. Tried on. My pink strap was strapped to her ankles with great difficulty. She stood there, blocking everybody's way for a whole 5 minutes, trying others at the same time.
Finally, she asked the stall keeper how much, and I was purchased, she kept me in her oversized bag. I became her best friend from then on.
Epilogue
When I bought it, I was smiling whole night. I was smiling INWARDLY. Damn happy. Even though many people tell me it's a fake, I refuse to believe them. Nobody can burst my arrogant bubble. :) I love my new shoes so much although it bit me ABIT, its smaller size than what I should wear, and it's already sustained 2 black-mark injuries.
I heart you. When I put you on I feel so cute-girly. You make my toes feel airy. Your distinct smell makes me I-have-a-crush-giddy. My Crocs, my love, you replace nobody.
2 comments:
*speechless*
i heart crocs too!!!
Post a Comment