Sunday, September 06, 2009

UP

I watched the latest Disney-PIXAR animation yesterday. 5 minutes into the show I cried. Why didn't the creators warn against very sad content!? Ok so it's actually happy content but then it makes me cry lah.

*spoilers*

Makes me wonder. How many of us can really meet our soulmates, marry them and stand by them for all eternity, HAPPILY? How many of us CAN really LOVE unconditionally? Most moving scene in the movie i.e. Carl accidentally left his hand print on mailbox - Ellie paints her own hand print too. That is unconditional man. That is.

And then there's this understanding. Even though they didn't get to do Paradise Falls (Ellie's dream) because every time something happens - they needed the money-saved-up, but Ellie was happy. She even thanked Carl for the adventures; she took every hardship as a wonderful experience.

And then there's Carl. He never got over the fact that they didn't go to Paradise Falls as promised so he had never turned a page in their Adventure Book. He deeply misses his wife. He still talks to his wife after her death.

Really though scenes for me endure:

a) From the first hospital scene until Ellie's death
b) Mailbox thing
c) Carl finally opening the 'things I would like to do' in Adventure Book

*Bawling*

4 comments:

hennwei said...

omg. warning la. now i feel like crying already.

vivien said...

it seem like a nice cartoon.. I must find sometime to go n watch it lo

sokechee said...

tat nice? u make me feel it's a must-watch!

McAllie said...

I cried toooo...

I didn't like how they asked Carl to go to court! Wanted to go up on screen and bash those meanies!

Leave the old man ALONE!

*sniff*