First thing to note about Cameron Highlands is...do not spend your second day there on a Monday!!!! If you want to go to the Boh Tea Plantations, that is. Otherwise, your second day will be spent watching Vision 4 in your hotel room. Ooh I caught "Glass House: The Good Mother" on Vision 4. So crazy scary.
The trip = 3D2N. Some sightseeing and shopping. Eating.
I checked out this website about Cameron Highlands before we went. Got good maps to download there, GPS not required (GPSes are for losers). OK but we found a steamboat place through the GPS lah. Just the once. Can?!
The trip = 3D2N. Some sightseeing and shopping. Eating.
I checked out this website about Cameron Highlands before we went. Got good maps to download there, GPS not required (GPSes are for losers). OK but we found a steamboat place through the GPS lah. Just the once. Can?!
Day 1
Left KL at 11 am. Drove up north using PLUS highway. Exited Simpang Pulai exit at 1 pm. Reach Brinchang 2 pm. Approximately lah. Find place to makan in Brinchang. Got steamboat, masakan panas Cina (e.g. kwong fu chao, yong zhao chao fan blablabla), KFC, chicken rice and more steamboat. This place is like steamboat haven.
This makan place in Brinchang. Don't know what is the name. Anyhow there is a tea souvenier shop right on the right of this makan place (if you're facing makan place).Next we were planning to go to the Boh Tea Plantation in Sungai Palas, Brinchang. But they close at 4.30 pm everyday. Operating hours, 9.00 am till 4.30 pm. It is the same for all the Boh Tea branches but Sungai Palas's one is the highest and beautifulest. Can't drink tea then drink coffee in Starbucks, Tanah Rata lor. Plus online to check mail and FB. Sorry I don't think I can survive a day without wifi.
OK fine. Thanks to the GPS we found an organic steamboat-charcoal place. For those who refuse to use GPSes, it is located directly opposite Rosa Passedena hotel, Brinchang. The hotel is roughly behind KFC (yah I think it's safe to say there's only one). It's called "Organic Steamboat" (if I recall correctly). Turns out it was featured on Astro AEC by Jason. And then kan, the steamboat is MSG-less. OMG. But we makan everything anyway. Although slightly tasteless if you don't count the processed food. Steamboat per head is RM 20.00 and minimum order is two pax. You have choice between chicken or vegetarian. Really, eventhough we took the chicken package it was like tasteless. Maybe that's what it's meant by organic.
Day 2
Breakfast at Bala's chalet! I saw Wun Ling's FB photos of her trip in Cameron. Babe I can't access your blog but if you're reading this, I went a week after you :). Breakfast looks delicious there so I want too...!!! On the pricey side though. And I threw aside two egg yolks due to my yolk-zero mission. Oh I broke that one already, makan McDs McMuffin with eggs that day. Can't really pick the yolk out of a burger can you??
Went touring the rest of Cameron Highlands next. Was thinking of taking the Tapah-exit road back the next day, so we toured Ringlet to see what is there. Nothing to buy wan. So we decided to use the Simpang Pulai exit to go home since it's nearer to where we lodge. Between Ringlet and Tanah Rata, you'll see a highway-side tea house owned by Cameron Valley Tea Plantation. If you're heading upwards the highland, the tea house is on your left. Nice place! GOT FREE WIFI for their customers. WE ARE SAVED!
Lunch at Brinchang this time in one of the restaurants same row as KFC.
Passed by Cactus Point (everyone will pass by there at least once during the tour). So we entered. Lots of flowers and cacti to purchase. The big cacti are not for sale though. I bought magnets there for mummy. Pretty magnets, reminded me of the ones I purchased from Kuching.
Passed by Cactus Point (everyone will pass by there at least once during the tour). So we entered. Lots of flowers and cacti to purchase. The big cacti are not for sale though. I bought magnets there for mummy. Pretty magnets, reminded me of the ones I purchased from Kuching.
Next stop is shopping for vege to bring back to KL. Because buy from here is organic ma. This is a market selling the produce of Kea Farm. The exact location is in between Cactus Point and Equatorial hotel. Lots of stuff to buy here - ranges from assorted mushrooms (golden mushroom, oyster mushroom, cordyceps), to all sorts of vegetables and fruits (especially strawberries). Oh yah they sell instant tea too.
Afterwards we went to EQ strawberry farm at Equatorial hotel, Brinchang and bought strawberries for RM 5.00 per pack (I think) - received good comments on the purchases. Myself, I dislike strawberries and strawberry-flavoured-anything! Bought oyster mushrooms for RM 8.00 per pack. Or something. I can't really remember the price, but the mushrooms were fat and juicy. Hohoho.
We makan nasi goreng in kedai mamak for dinner. And my nasi goreng biasa has got no taste!! Really organic conspiracy going on here!
We makan nasi goreng in kedai mamak for dinner. And my nasi goreng biasa has got no taste!! Really organic conspiracy going on here!
Day 3
Because it's our last day and I am rushing to go back to lab in the afternoon (yes I indeed am a mad scientist), I made us wake up EARLY for this!!!! Luckily didn't miss it. It's my favourite destination in this trip. Aside from shopping. The road there is super narrow and winding. Located 2 km from the highway. We were their first customers. 8.30 am can enter the plantation already. It will take some time to walk up the hill also (you will be required to park at foothill), so by the time you reach the peak and camwhore, it's time for their breakfast. Scones have no taste man. I didn't know. Part of organic conspiracy or do scones not have taste??
Breakfast. Haha before that we already ate maggi cup and some twiggies. It's cold up there ma. Need more fuel can?After the Boh Tea experience, I conclude that 'Gold Blend' rocks. And things are abit the pricey up there. Weather is chilly but tolerable. Bring sweater just in case. Maybe bring your own MSG also while you're at it.
Had lunch in Tapah R & R. And then whole way back to KL. Just for reference, Cameron Highlands to Simpang Pulai takes about an hour. Simpang Pulai to Tapah takes another hour. And Tapah to KL another hour.
Had lunch in Tapah R & R. And then whole way back to KL. Just for reference, Cameron Highlands to Simpang Pulai takes about an hour. Simpang Pulai to Tapah takes another hour. And Tapah to KL another hour.
Gong Xi Fa Cai readers!




















1 comment:
Why so anti-GPS?
Haha!
Gong Xi Fatt Chai to u too! ;)
Post a Comment