Ooh I am currently watching Once Upon A Time in Shanghai (the 1996 TVB remake of Shanghai Bund) on Channel 34 Astro Xing He Ping Dao which airs on 7pm weekdays. The series is so bergaya, powderful, inspiring, stupid, funny and sad at the same time. It stars Chan Kam Hung as Hui Man Kheong, Lam Ka Dung as Ting Lik, Nadia Chan as Fung Ching Ching, Cheng Siu Chau as Yu Chan Hoi, Cheng Yu Leng as Sou Chat Hau and some cool veteran TVB actor as Fung Keng Yiu whose name I do not know (Found out that actor's name from this site. Fung Keng Yiu was portrayed by Poon Chi Man). Great cast, smart-ass lines, bergaya scenes, empowering theme songs. Hey Chan Kam Hung actually looks a bit like Chow Yuen Fatt in this series (My observation is confirmed in this Wikipedia page)!!!
In the 1930s in Shanghai, you kill people in the middle of the street and no one bothers. In the 1930s in Shanghai, when you are about to kill someone in the public bath, everyone will get out, except for the poor soon-to-be victim so that you can do your job. In the 1930s in Shanghai, you take out your gun in admist of suspicious situations, suspicious persons, enemies and to aim at people with face problems. In the 1930s in Shanghai, weird lady hairstyles were considered cool plus their hair do not alter in snowy/windy conditions.
I'll continue watching this series for more collection on the 1930s in Shanghai. Hehe actually this is my second time following this series. Guess I was too young to appreciate it in 1998 or something. I remember this was aired in 1998 in NTV7 or something like that lastime. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Thursday, April 26, 2007
TVB: Once Upon A Time in Shanghai
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment