These days it's all about books huh? Went to Readers' Corner today! Rented two books and bought one hard cover, was on sale for only RM10 so couldn't resist it!! What I have in line:
a) Sophie Kinsella - Confessions of a Shopaholic
b) Dorothy Koomson - My Best Friend's Girl
c) Linda Howard - Dying to Please [The hard cover for sale]
I think I'm such a greedy pig [Mr. Shu will agree with two feet up]. Haven't finished with the current book, and went on to get 3 more. Or it could be I've been deprived of fiction for 4 months.
Ooh before I forget, Subang Parade is so cool to go now. This shopping complex is the first one in Subang Jaya [since 1982 i think]. Then, Subangians went there because it was the only complex. Soon after, the Pyramid was built near the vicinity, followed by bigger, better complexes around Klang Valley, i.e. 1Utama, Mid Valley Megamall, IKEA, Ikano Power Centre etc. Who wants to go to Subang Parade anymore?
However, they've gone through a major facelift! Wow the basement parking lot feels so hip now, very colourful, easy to find your car [because it's very small, maybe only 1/8 of Mid Valley's size]. Then, for non-power steering-wheel car drivers like me, it's so easy to turn the steering wheel because the floor is smooth now, like driving on silk [?!].
Then, the interior of Subang Parade...fooh...all changed to tiles, brighter spotlights, carpet on then-slippery ramps, cleaner toilets, ATMs easily accesible. I would prefer Subang Parade than Pyramid now, as Pyramid is currently expanding - their parking is so messy! Can't tahan!! Ok la I admit Parade is an old people complex. But they have great shops there too! They have:
a) MPH [Very big wan]
b) Toys 'R' Us!!
c) Body Shop
d) Readers' Corner
e) Cold Storage
f) Parkson
See, everybody's essentials are there. Parking only RM2.00 for basement.
1 comment:
Subang Parade was built in 1988 if I remembered correctly. YA it was the biggest and hippest at the time. Why not it is the only one with Toy'r'us.
I like the MPh too....it is the only reason I'll visit a shopping centre...and perhaps look at people
Post a Comment