Genre: Science, horror (not in the ghostly way)
Rating: 6/10
I really like the idea of this movie. Before I watched it, I knew that it was about zombies, but didn't know how they got there and why Dr. Neville (Will Smith) was the only person on earth. Then they introduced the medicinal breakthrough at the start of the movie. Dr. Krippin (Emma Thompson's 2 minute uncredited cameo) genetically modified a measles virus to cure cancer. To date they had 10009 out of 10009 successful human trials.
Three years later, Dr. Neville is the only person surviving on earth. Huh...! Interesting no? I like the way the story was told in a present to flash-back, present to flash-back way. The movie showed how Dr. Neville spend a typical day to survive, how he tries looking for a cure of the virus. This movie was also big on the scare factor because you'd be guaranteed to jump out of your seats (even after dire warnings from those who've watched the movie) and spill your popcorn.
It is based on the book and I've read from IMDB forums that those who've read the book didn't like the movie. Well it kind of gets boring a while because there's only one actor for a huge part of the movie. However, scare factor and scientific idea aside, it is also a heart-wrenching movie...a worthwhile watch.

No comments:
Post a Comment