Sunday, September 07, 2008

I Won Something from CLEO!

On Wednesday I was sitting down watching Chong Sai Gei and I noticed a letter for me from ACP Asia (CLEO's publication company). With excitement, I opened the letter and they started with "We have thrilling news! Are you ready?". The rest of the letter had to be unfolded to be read, so I thought ohh maybe it's not that I won something otherwise they'd have exclaimed congratulations right? But I did!!! I won some thing from the Beautilicious contest in June's issue (not that I remember it because the results weren't printed out in August issue, and I only remembered sending lots of postcards for that issue). The hamper I'm getting is worth RM 200.20. But I had to get to their office off Jalan Kuchai Lama, and couldn't recall where was that since I've only been there once for Talipon Steamboat Buffet dinner. I studied the map for approximately 1 hour, and even called the office to ask for directions (when something is free, I'm so hardworking huh).

It was a rainy day on Thursday. I left the lab early just to collect my prize. HEHEHE. So difficult to find a parking spot, I finally found one which was partially blocked by a double parked car but I got in since I've got such good parking skills. Braced through the rain with my wonderful umbrella and ta daa! Found their office. *Bows for standing ovation*

The Hamper Pack

See the paperbag so cute.

Peek inside.

The products.

Make Up Brushes Set

The pouch. It's made of velvet and I do not plan to use it ever. Because so dirty right after putting the products, and the brush heads left inside the pouch, best place for bacteria breeding.

The variety of brushes.

From left to right: Eyeshadow brush, angled brush, bigger eyeshadow brush, and blusher brush.

Instant Eyeshadow
This thing works by sweeping the ready-made eye shadow patch over your eyelids and work some magic by blending and god knows what. I don't think I'll find out because I don't like to put things on my eyes.

I wonder if it's only for one time application only.

Twinkling Star Kit
Supposedly for night time glittering look. It comes with glitter talc, two shades of eyeshadow and one lip gloss.

The packaging.

Inside.

My Purchase from Beautilicious
So actually I wanted to exchange my twinkling star kit for a foundation set but they wouldn't let me. This buy is really innocent enough. I just wanted to go to Watson to see the price for all the items in the hamper and the saleslady was there. She introduced this foundation to me by dabbing some on one side of my face and ask me to see the difference. OK...hebat sales tactic. I know lah whoever wear foundation also surely look prettier what. And she said it will look natural, that the medium colour is suitable for my skin, it's made for sensitive skin, and that this foundation pack has only 4 left on shelf. I was totally sucked. So I bought it. The added bonus was that the cashier charged me RM 10.00 less than what the price was supposed to be.

The box. It's actually giving me an inspiration for a new blog layout.

The casing.

Inside. I felt that the make up doesn't smell too good. When I read the ingredients, it's made of corn starch. Oookie...

Eh I'm writing this not just because Beautilicious gave me an RM 200.20 hamper ok? It's because I think their packaging is so cute. Reminds me of Benefit's packaging hor?

No comments: